Tuesday 28 July 2009

Jen


Jen is another Parisian of 22. She moved to London seven months ago. She just graduated from the American University of Paris. She live is North London. She is also Yacob's girlfriend.

1) Did you come to London with a purpose?

To be honest, my main purpose when I moved to London was to spend the rest of my life here. I had to start an internship very soon for it was included in my studies and I was lucky enough to find something I loved. As a result, my purpose was to establish a successful professional career in my dream city, and possibly create my own company within the next few years.

2) What do you think about London?

Surprisingly, it is not as hard as I thought to make great friends in London. To me, it is one of the best cities to meet amazing people and to experience the best things about life. I met my boyfriend a few weeks after I moved here and it obviously made me love London right away. It is a very intense and dynamic city where life seems easier thanks to the kindness of its people. What I love the most about London is that everyday is different, even if I go to the same places with the same people. There is always something new, something exciting, something that makes me want to stay here for at least a few years longer.

3) Was it easy to settle down?

I was very lucky. My two best friends were waiting for me here. We found an amazing apartment and we already had made great friends. It was easy at work as well; people have been amazing to me most of the time. I never got homesick, at least not until today. The day I get tired of London, I guess I will move out, but until now it has been very easy and exciting to live here. Everything is new; it is so different from Paris, yet similar because of its multicultural aspect. It is always easier to settle in a cosmopolitan environment.

4) Do you like your neighbourhood?

I live in Kings Cross, which is heaven to me since it is so close to the train that leads me to Paris. The canal is beautiful, the parks around my place are amazing when you just want to relax and have a walk with your friends. It is very calm although it is very close to Camden, one of my favourite areas here, and it is only five minutes from the most frenetic tube station in London.

5) Anything you really like about living here?

To me, London was attractive because my best friends lived there. But after I moved here, I fell in love with all these amazing places I discovered the first times I came here. I love the diversity of London. There is a perfect balance between the mainstream and the indie culture. I could not stand it if it was only one part of it. I love the city’s diversity. But what I like the most about London is how helpful English people are, despite what a lot of people say. Such gentlemen. The only bad experience I can recall is in the bus with its drivers. But no city, as amazing as it is, can be perfect I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment