Tuesday 21 July 2009

Melody


Melody is a young Parisian of 22 who has been in London for a few years. She has been enjoying her life here, and doesn’t feel like moving elsewhere for the moment. She presently lives in North London but, since she moved to London, she has lived in Fulham and Whitechapel. She also loves the Beatles.

1) How long have you been living here?

Two years and a half, almost three years.

2) Why did you move to London?

To do a drama school, but I didn’t get in. But as I got here, I came across fascinating people who worked in the music industry and realised how interesting that was, so now I want to work in the music industry.

3) What is your favourite area in London?

It’s difficult to pick just one. I love different areas for different things. For example I love Camden for the market, the pubs and the canal, it’s really nice in the summer. I love Notting Hill for Portobello market. Bricklane and its vintage shops and curry restaurants. Soho to go out and go to restaurants, and it is also close to Oxford Street with all its shops such as Topshop. Carnaby street for its shops and its history (in a Beatlemania point of view).

4) How different is London from where you are from?

I come from Paris, and I guess it is different mostly in terms of people. Here they are more open-minded. Fashion is very unique, in Paris people tend to dress alike. Here you can wear whatever you want, and not feel judged. You feel welcome right away, you can easily talk to people, and there is always something happening.

5) Tell me something special about London (according to you)?

London is special to me because I feel more comfortable here than in Paris, I feel more at home. And I was able to meet great people here. Also, in London you have more opportunities work-wise, people tend to give you more chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment